Postpartum Doula’s are trained providers who help offer support to parents in the postpartum period so that they can use their energy to focus on their infant. They help provide physical, emotional, and educational support to new parents during the crucial first months to help them navigate parenthood. Postpartum doulas can help support all types of families whether they are physically carrying their child or using a surrogate or adopting their child we support and value all families at Newborn Care of The Hamptons.
- BE AN EXTRA SET OF HANDS AND EARS TO SUPPORT AND LISTEN TO NEW PARENTS
- TEACH INFANT CARE SUCH AS SWADDLING, DIAPERING, BATHING, SOOTHING TECHNIQUES
- OFFER LACTATION AND FEEDING SUPPORT WITH BOTH BREASTFEEDING AND/OR BOTTLE FEEDING
- OFFER EMOTIONAL SUPPORT TO NEW PARENTS AND OFFER RESOURCES AND CLINICAL REFERRALS WHEN NEEDED
- HELP RUN ERRANDS OR COOK HOMEMADE MEALS
- OFFER SIBLING SUPPORT