Newborn Care Specialists are professionals who specialize in infant and newborn care during the first year of a babies life. An NCS can help provide physical, and educational support to new parents. Some also help with sleep training and have experience with special needs, twins or multiples. Newborn Care Specialists go through extensive training and education to make sure they are following the latest research and guidelines when it comes to caring for your child(ren). Our NCS’ can help get your newborn on a great daily schedule and use gentle sleep cues to help get them sleeping through the night.
- THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE NCS IS THE NEWBORNS CARE AND WELLBEING.
- THEY TYPICALLY OFFER OVERNIGHT SUPPORT OR 24/7 SUPPORT TO NEW PARENTS DURING THEIR FIRST FEW DAYS OR EVEN MONTHS HOME.
- THEY CAN TEACH INFANT CARE SUCH AS SWADDLING, DIAPERING, BATHING, SOOTHING TECHNIQUES.
- ASSIST WITH SLEEP SCHEDULES, FEEDING SCHEDULES AND INFANT DEVELOPMENT.
- OFFER LACTATION AND FEEDING SUPPORT WITH BOTH BREASTFEEDING AND/OR BOTTLE FEEDING
- PROVIDE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT TO NEW PARENTS AND OFFER RESOURCES AND CLINICAL REFERRALS WHEN NEEDED